Healthy bones can help you do your daily activities with ease. This is when you will realize the importance of calcium in the body. Unfortunately, it can be very challenging to get the calcium your body needs if you are lactose intolerant. You have to find ways on how you can be able to acquire enough calcium in order to achieve healthy bones and somehow keep yourself away from osteoporosis.
Keep Your Bones Healthy Despite Being Lactose Intolerant
If you are worried about how you can be able to make your bones stronger with the fact that you have lactose intolerance then make your research about the foods that could benefit your bones. Listed below are some tips that could help you get stronger bones.
- To help your body absorbs calcium, then you should eat foods that are rich in vitamin D such as salmon, cereal, and eggs. You can stay under the sun for a couple of minutes for a natural way of getting vitamin D.
- One best option for your breakfast is oatmeal. Make sure that it is unsweetened by simply reading the label. You can match it with soy milk or almond milk.
- Include orange juice in your diet.
- When looking for foods that are rich in calcium, then nuts will always be on the list. A handful of nuts every day can keep your bones healthy.
- It is also a good idea if you’ll eat canned sea foods because they are rich in calcium.
- Another food option that could supply your body with calcium is tofu. It is derived from soy milk that contains higher protein and lesser calories. You can even use tofu when preparing various dishes.
- When it comes to calcium, start eating beans.
- Leafy greens are important from day to day. Try to put spinach to your sandwiches for added calcium.
- If you want a fast way to get calcium, then look for a safe and effective calcium supplement that could help you fight lactose intolerance. You can ask suggestions from a doctor about what supplements to take to be assured that you’ll be having the right product.
Being lactose intolerant doesn’t mean that you can no longer provide your body with sufficient amount of calcium. By following the tips listed above, you can be able to improve the condition of your bones which is important to people who are already at their old age.