Therehave been many efforts to push the revolution in slimming. Celebrities and fitness gurus are making their own slimming tip and diet to address obesity and high cholesterol diet,even coming up with their own brand and line of fitness equipment, diet names, workouts and clothing and accessories. Introduction of different modes of dieting,Zumba dancing, pole dancing to name a few, have been around and became the trending topic in YouTube and social media.
Cholesterol And Dieting
Cholesterol is produced in the liver that our body needs to make a hormone, Vitamin D and other differences. There are two types of cholesterol that can be found in our body, the good and bad.Dieting is what human consumed. A healthy diet means giving the body nutrients.
Three Dietary Ways To Reduce Cholesterol
There are different food that lowers the cholesterol levels in our body:
- Soluble fiber – binds cholesterol and its precursors in the digestive system.
- Polyunsaturated fats –this methods directly lowers LDL.
- Plant sterols and stanol–blocks the body from absorbing the cholesterol.
Foods That Lower Cholesterol
- Oats. One of the easiest step in lowering cholesterol is eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. Oats give a 1 to 2 grams of soluble fibers.
- Beans. Beans are rich in soluble fibers. They are hard to digest so you get that feeling of a full stomach.
- Eggplant and Okra. These two vegetables are good sources of soluble fiber.
- Barley and Wholegrains. Similar to oats and bran, these two could potentially lower the risk of heart disease because of their soluble fiber content.
- Nuts. When you eat all the kinds of nuts such as peanuts and walnuts for 2 ounces a day, it could slightly lower the LDL.
- Apple, Grapes, Strawberries and Citrus foods. These foods are rich in pectin.
- Vegetable oils. The use of thevegetable oilis considered a good source of LDL. It fights the bad cholesterol that causes high cholesterol.
- Foods that are fortified with sterols and stanol. These are extracted from the gum of the tree. Giving 2 grams of thesecan lower the LDL cholesterol by 10%.
- Fatty Fish. Replacing meat that has LDL-boosting saturated fats. The Omega 3s reduces triglycerides in the bloodstream.
- Soy. Soybeans and foods that made from them are powerful way to lower cholesterol.
- Fiber Supplements. Offers the least appealing way to get soluble fiber.
Diets that came from fruits, beans, nuts and vegetables are great foods when it comes in lowering the LDL cholesterol.